Beech Grove Chorus

CHORUS/PERFORMING ARTS EVENTS

• September 29, 2021 (Wednesday) – Fall Choir Concert (SGI/BGMS @ 6:30p; BGHS Choirs @ 7:30p)
  • November 2, 2021 (Tuesday) – Chicago Preview Night (TBD)
  • November 4-6, 2021 (Thursday-Saturday) – Chicago (Musical)
  • December 11 & 12, 2021 (Saturday & Sunday) – The Nutcracker (TBD)
  • December 15, 2021 (Wednesday) – Winter Concert (SGI/BGMS @ 6:30p; BGHS @ 7:30p)

Learn more about our outstanding choral program and follow their social media accounts to find out when you can see them perform.

Beech Grove offers the following course selections for students:

ADVANCED CHORUS (Jubilaires) 

This auditioned group of singers specializes in the show choir medium.  Through a wide variety of performances, this ensemble seeks to develop standards of excellence, while offering a foundation of choral enrichment to the students, school and community.  In this course, advanced techniques in choreography are coupled with SATB voice repertoire.  A high degree of commitment, physical demand and responsibility is placed on each performer.  Areas of mastery include basic choral technique, a cappella singing, sight-reading and critical listening skills.  Students must participate in rehearsals and performance opportunities both in and outside the school day.

CHORAL CHAMBER ENSEMBLE (Sensations)   

This choir specializes in ensemble literature for developing the foundations of choral singing..  Through a wide variety of performances, this ensemble seeks to develop standards of excellence, while offering a foundation of choral enrichment to the students, school and community. A high degree of commitment is placed on each performer. Must participate in performance opportunities both in and after the school day.  

INTERMEDIATE CHORUS (E`lan)   

A select group of female singers who will be given instruction in advanced vocal production and choreography.  An audition places female participants in an accelerated environment where SSAA/SSA repertoire is performed.  Techniques of a cappella music are rehearsed in a wide variety of performance opportunities that develop standards of excellence.  A foundation of choral methodology enriches the curriculum while concentration is given to stage etiquette, poise and musicality.  A high degree of commitment, physical demand and responsibility is placed on each performer. Students must participate in rehearsals and  performance opportunities both in and outside the school day.

Beech Grove Choirs’ Facebook 

Beech Grove Choirs’ Twitter

Beech Grove HS Choral Society