Beech Grove Band

2021 Marching Band Calendar 

Football:

August 27 

September 3

September 17

October 8 (Senior Night) 

Fall Break: 

October 7th 5-9p

October 8th 1- 4:30p (followed by football)

Final Week:

October 18 – 21 5-8:30p  (BOA Weekend and Scholastic Finals)

Contests: 

September 11 – Lawrence Central

September 18 – Greenwood

September 25 –  Avon 

October 2 –   Noblesville 

October 9 – ISSMA Scholastic prelims 

October 22- (Fri) BOA Super Regional

October 23 – Scholastic Finals 

The 13 time ISSMA State Finalist Beech Grove Marching Hornets are under the direction of:

Directors:  Cory Wynn and Marcus Click 

Guard Director:  Kristin Cross 

Percussion Director:  Matt Harris

Staff includes:  Todd Clevenger, Chase Malcom, Austin Money, Lee Gibson, Merrie Cross, Tavia Easton-Seard Dustin Smith, Ryan Ringham, Paris Voss, Abbie Riedeman, Vivian Szymkow, Spencer Chapman, Austin Barton

Director Contact:  Cory Wynn (317) 752-0265

[email protected]

Learn more about our outstanding band program and follow their social media accounts to find out when you can see them perform.

Beech Grove offers the following course selections for students:

ADVANCED CONCERT BAND 

Open to intermediate to advanced level performers.  It is an instrumental musical group composed primarily of sophomores, juniors and seniors that performs half-time shows during football season, participates in several marching contests as well as community parades, provides a pep-band during basketball season and entertains with concerts and other related musical activities throughout the school year.  Class rehearsals concentrate on the rudiments of music through daily warm-ups, scales and etudes.  Techniques and individual musicianship are enhanced by expanding instrumental playing range, tone quality, and rhythmic knowledge.  Students must participate in performance opportunities, outside the school day, that support and extend the goals and responsibilities of the course objectives. 

ADVANCED MUSIC INSTRUCTION   

Advanced Music Instruction is a course offered by signature only.  Students take part in teaching individual and small group lessons to students in band or choir at South Grove and BGMS as well as leading full ensemble warm ups and rehearsing small sections of concert music.  After school commitments are required in this course.

AP MUSIC THEORY   

An academic course in the music department. The AP Music Theory course corresponds to two semesters of a typical introductory college music theory course that covers topics such as musicianship, theory, musical materials, and procedures. Through the course, students develop the ability to recognize, understand, and describe basic materials and processes of music that are heard or presented in a score. Development of aural skills is a primary objective. Performance is also part of the learning process. Students understand basic concepts and terminology by listening to and performing a wide variety of music.  Text and Class Fee required.

INSTRUMENT ENSEMBLE

Only open to freshman and/or beginning level performers.  It is an instrumental musical group that performs half-time shows during football season, participates in several marching contests as well as community parades, provides a pep-band during basketball season and entertains with concerts and other related musical activities throughout the year.  Class rehearsals concentrate on the rudiments of music through daily warm-ups, scales and etudes.  Techniques and individual musicianship is enhanced by expanding instrumental playing range, tone quality, and rhythmic knowledge. Students must participate in performance opportunities, outside the school day, that support and extend the goals and responsibilities of the course objectives.

MUSIC THEORY 

Offers basic introduction to fundamentals of music covering scales, chords, rhythm, and historical forms. Students will also experiment with composition and keyboard skills through the use of a MIDI Lab and ear training experiences.

DANCE PERFORMANCE 

The squad will require the skills of managing auxiliary equipment: Flag and Rifle. The course will meet the Music Department’s rules governing the Marching Hornets. The students will be drilled in the use of equipment, as well as tested in their knowledge of dance and basic movement. Competitive routines place a demanding schedule upon participants.

• Entrance into Band Auxiliary by attending spring workshops
  • Participation in Marching Band
  • Winter Guard participation is mandatory for second semester

Marching Hornets’ Twitter

Band Boosters